- Paul came home, that alone made the weekend great but it got even better!
- We recieved a generous and complementary offer on the house and accepted it. I love that Paul happened to be home and that we were together when we got the news.
- I made cinnamon rolls. (recipe below)
- We watched General Conference and played conference bingo.
- We got everything squared away for Pauly to go through the temple this Saturday.
Sara's Dinner Rolls
Dissolve 1pkg. yeast in 1/2 cup of water. When yeast is dissolved, add 2 eggs, 1/2 cup oil, 1/3 cup sugar, 1tbls. salt, 1 1/2 cup water and 6-7 cups of flour. Mix well and knead for about 5 minutes until dough soft and smooth. Let rest for 10 minutes. Shape into rolls and let rise for about an hour.
Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown.
Start with the dough recipe above. When it has rested, roll out the dough on a well floured counter, into a long rectangle approximately 30 inches long and 12 inches wide and 1 inch thick. Over the entire sheet of dough spread 1/2 cup melted butter, 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, about 1 tbls of cinnamon and 1 cup pecans (optional). Now roll up the dough lengthwise, you should have a 30 inch roll when you are done. Using a serrated knife, saw the roll in half then in half again and again until you have 8 equal pieces. Cut each of the 8 pieces into thirds and place them into a greased pan. Let them rise for about an hour and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. Top with frosting (optional).
Frosting: Mix 1/2 cup butter, 1lb powdered sugar and 5 tbls of milk until smooth and spreadable.