Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Journals


I haven't posted at all the past month. My schedule has been off since before school started and I can't seem to find a time of peace and quiet to reflect and write about even the simple things that have been happening. Let alone the significant and life changing events that we have been dealing with.

I've missed it.

The other day I went back and read about something that had happened in the spring of '08. It wasn't something that anyone would have thought of as special but it was a sweet thing to me and I was so thankful that I had recorded that experience. I started reading through the months and I was just so pleased that I had preserved all these memories.

When I write in the navy blue journal next to my bed, I write about things I am worried about and that trouble my heart and have always thought, "I hope nobody ever reads this, it is not only depressing it is boring." And to be honest I haven't write more than 6 pages in it since we moved to Lindale which is probably a good thing.

As I read my blog the other day though, it was different. It shows both the fun and mundane activities of our days. Okay, and maybe a few disappointments (I am good at bitter-sweet writing). Even more than that however, it shows me a life that I am proud of and can't believe I am lucky enough to be a part of.

No comments: