Thursday, June 4, 2009

Sid and Marty Croft

Land of the Lost comes out this weekend. I was really excited about it until Josh read some of the reviews to me. Bummer!! I rented the old T.V. show from Netflix so that the kids could watch it and understand where the movie came from.

Man! The special effects were so bad!!

me: Can you see why were so jazzed about Star Wars? It was incredible compared to this!



me: We also watched H.R. Puff ~n~ Stuff.

Innocently, I sang the song for them.

Robin: Were they teaching you to do drugs?

me: What!?! (some of my innocence being chipped away)

Paul: Whose your friend when things get rough?

Robin: Puff ~n~ Stuff?

Paul: You can't do a little, you can't do enough?

me: H.R. Puff ~n~ Stuff was the good guy!(as my childhood is torn apart and the reality of their words sunk in)

Robin and Paul: Of course he was. (making of of their mother)

I didn't tell them that the bad guy in the show was called WitchyPoo.

Now when I watch this, everything seems to have a double meaning.



What's next? Are they going to tell me that Hostess Cupcakes are NOT a "wholesome" snack or that Fruit Loops are NOT part of a nutritious breakfast?!? What is the world coming to? Is everything from my childhood a lie?!?

No comments: