Saturday, August 16, 2008

I wish Netflix offered high speed internet . . .

Last week our internet and phone (both by suddenlink) went down for about 24 hours and somethng went wrong with the Netflix shipping and it was a 5 day turn around on our movies instead of 2 or 3.

I had to call Suddenlink and after running through their phone maze they told me they would report that I had a problem but they didn't really see that had a problem but if it persisited to call back. The technician told me I might try rebooting my computer. (very helpful) Later when I called again, there was a snotty answering machine telling me that service was down in Lindale and that they would get it up as soon as possible and quit calling . . . that was the gist anyway.

Netflix on the other hand, wrote to me to tell me something was wrong, apologized, told me exactly what to expect and were giving me a 15% discount on this month's service and then wrote me again to tell me everything was back in working order and apologized again.
I realize they don't offer the same product but it was hard not to make comparisons on their customer service.

1 comment:

Pete Abel said...

Hello. I work at Suddenlink's corporate HQ. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with our company recently. We are constantly working to improve our customer service. If you encounter future issues -- and those issues are not resolved in a timely, cordial manner -- please let me know. I can be reached at: pete.abel@suddenlink.com. You can verify who I am at this page: http://www.suddenlink.com/about/executives/abel/.