Sunday, May 11, 2008

Runts and Mother's Day


Just before our Josh was born my mom came out to Ft. Hood so that she could help during the last few days of the pregnancy and the first few days of new baby chaos. Sigh . . . There are few things better than mom showing up at times like that.

I had recently purchased a giant bag of Runts at Sam's Club and I had displayed them in a big glass bowl on top of the refrigerator. It was so pretty. One night when mom was there, I opened the fridge and 5lbs. of Runts as well as the bowl came crashing to the floor. Mom volunteered to clean up and sent me out of the kitchen. She closed the door to keep little Paul and Robin out and started sweeping up the mess.

She had been in there for about 10 minutes and I could still hear her sweeping. I opened the door to see if everything was okay. She looked up, smiled guiltily and said, "I like watching the colors rolling around the floor."

Happy Mother's Day mom, I love you.
Also, Happy Mother's Day to my sisters and sisters in law who are, this year ALL mothers on Mother's Day. Hooray us!!

2 comments:

Mom in Mendon said...

Actually, the Runts didn't have any blue colors and they WERE pretty spread all over the place. Anyone would think so.

Grandpa Mac said...

It IS all about color!!