Monday, March 21, 2011

Where Troubles Melt Like Lemon Drops

On St. Patrick's Day last week I had purchased everything I needed to make this or this. Liz found both of them and put them on her blog, I found them there. Thanks Liz!

I got going on my "to do list" that day and I have to admit, I was on fire! By 1:00pm I had checked off everything I needed to do that day but had so much energy I couldn't stop. I moved on to my weekly task list and finished the last few things on that list as well. I pretty much rocked that list.

By the time I was ready to focus on dinner, I could tell I was on my way down the energy slide. The corned beef and cabbage was already almost done but I just couldn't face making a cake. So instead of cake, we had Shamrock Shakes for dessert. Is that cheating or adapting?


We made the cake this weekend. It was so fun! The colors are so bright and cheery and I didn't have to use nearly as much food coloring as I thought I would to get the effect I wanted. Even the dirty dishes were pretty.


We made a regular yellow cake mix batter. We separated it into 6 different bowls, ~about 1 1/2 cups each~ With my direction, the girl's mixed the food coloring in each bowl and then we layered the batter in rainbow order, red through purple in one pan and purple through red in the other. Also, I don't have any pans that are the same size to I bought the cheap foil ones at the grocery store. They would be especially useful if I had made each color in separate layers. Who wants to store 6 pans all the same size?

We will definitely do this one again.

No comments: