Friday, March 25, 2011

My kids five favorite books (preschool edition)

Of course there are a zillion more but if I had to narrow it down to the five most requested books at our house. These would be the ones.

Sandra Boynton Books
I'm pretty sure we owned all of these at one time or another. The simple rhythms and silly pictures were always a crowd pleaser with my toddlers. And the board books could take quite a beating.

Over in the Meadow
I'm not sure where I learned the simple song that goes with this book, (I think it might have a Barney video) but the kids and I read and sang our way through this one many times. I love the illustrations in this version.

Hand Hand Fingers Thumb by Al Perkins
This is a book from my childhood. I remember sitting next to my mom while she read it to us. I couldn't wait to share it with my kids. Always a favorite as the simple rhythm is so easy to understand even a baby too young to talk can appreciate it.


Little Critter Books By Mercer Mayer
The little sister in these books reminded us of our 2 year old Sara; stringy hair, solid, square body, expressive face. It cracked us up every time we saw a new one.


Go! Dog! Go! By P.D. Eastman
When Robin and Paul were babies, Grandma and Grandpa Rodgers sent us box full of books. Dr. Suess and others, and this was in that bunch. Little Paul LOVED Go Dog Go. I think I read this book 3 times every night before bed for about a year and a half. He just never got tired of it. And talk about the injustices of motherhood, he told me recently that he had no memory of the book or me reading it to him.

No comments: