Friday, December 14, 2007

Geroge Winston

When I lived with Mark and Robin, we went to their friends' home one evening and they were playing a record, yes a record, of piano solos by George Winston, called December. I LOVED it and bought it. I still own the record, yes the record, it's up in the attic. I thought about it every year and wanted the CD but I just never bought it. The other day I asked Paul to find it for me and he bought the Silver Anniversary edition (am I really that old?) on iTunes.

When the kids came home from school I said, "You've got to hear this." I played Carol of the Bells for them and before it was over Paul was online trying to find the sheet music for it. I happily bought it for him.

This is Carol of the Bells





This is Variations on the Canon



5 comments:

Erin said...

If paul enjoys playing this you should try David Lanz for other good new age piano, christmas and other stuff too.

Mom in Mendon said...

So nice to have your music. I played this one good and loud, and I actually sang along with the Messiah you posted. I was alone, of course. :)

Anonymous said...

I am jealous that Paul feels comfortable enough on the piano to seek out sheet music to conquer. In all the music I have payed I have never gotten that far. So awesome.

Robin said...

Awesome post, Rachel...

Anonymous said...

Hi again - downloaded the cd yesterday, Rachel. Love it.