Tuesday, November 27, 2007

MST3K

The minute Thanksgiving is over I am ready for Christmas. I have been a little slow this year because Thanksgiving seemed early to me but we have the tree up and we have broken out the movies and the music. We don't watch any Christmas movies or listen to Christmas music until Thanksgiving; that way those things are special for Christmas time. (I feel the same way about eating Peeps anytime other than Easter.)

The kids, especially the little ones were anxious to get those DVD's going. To prevent us burning though them too quickly, I told the kids we could watch one a day. We own quite a few Christmas movies and I went through Netflix and queued as many of their Christmas movies as I could find and have those coming from now until Christmas. Yesterday the mailman brought Mystery Science Theater 3000 "Santa Claus conquers the Martians". We watched it last night. My kids were not familiar with the show so it was fun to watch with them. Sara and Gloria fell asleep but the older kids all loved it.

(If you are unfamiliar with Mystery Science Theater 3000, it is a silly T.V. show that plays the worst B movies ever made, while guys sit on the front row of a theater making fun of them.)

I love when the kids say, "I can't believe you haven't shown this to us before!"

1 comment:

Mom in Mendon said...

I didn't know these were even still around. I wish I could have been there to watch everyones' reactions.